My Passion

My Passion

23 déc. 2012

Mother's Day

22nd December

Do you know what's special about this date?

Obviously, as everybody know.. It's Mother's Day!
-I hope it isn't too late to post this. The spirit is still in the air, right ? ;)-

Yesterday, I saw something which is rarely happen. Almost everyone set a photo with their mother as their display picture on BBM. The others updated their status on facebook or tweeted about their mom on twitter. Mostly it's like "I love you, Mom" or "Happy Mother's Day, Ibu". 

Yes, we are celebrating Mother's Day every 22nd December. But here, I'm not going to tell you the history of Mothers Day. You can read it by yourself --> http://www.mothersdaycelebration.com/mothers-day-history.html . So, what did you do yesterday? Did you purchase floral gift for your mom or give her a card? Or may be you called (or texted) her just to say 'Happy Mothers Day, Mom!" Whatever you did, that's the way you expressed your gratitude to the woman who gives you life and there is nothing wrong with that.

Let me ask you one question; who is mother for you?
Mother, Mum, Mommy, Maman, Mama or Ibu is a woman who has given birth to a child & raised a child. But more deeply, she is the one who has a somehow very strong connection with us. Having the experience of 9 months pregnancy, she protects us and loves us unconditionally even before we were exist in this world. 

That's why, for me Mothers Day is not about the floral gift or other material things. Mothers Day is a tribute to every mother on earth. Mothers Day is essentially something to be celebrated everyday. Every "thank you" that you said to your mother every 22nd December should be said everyday as well as the prayer and gratitude. I'm not saying you gotta give something big to your Mom every single day. Celebrate this by showing your love and respect. It might be a simple thing like give her hug and a kiss before you left home or saying "Thanks for the food, Mom. It's delicious!". Start from the little thing because every detail makes the perfection.

How if your mom already passed away (no offense)?
She is physically not here, but you have her on your heart. You are not losing her because the memories that you had are perfectly recorded on your mind. By doing what she teached and remaining in the way she would like you to be are how to keep her alive in your life. As it says "mother's love is an everlasting love", I believe that she loves you till the end. Therefore, love her as well as she loves you. Be the one she wants you to be. Make her proud :)

I have an experience in correlation with this topic. FYI, my mother is not a typical mother who is melancholic, feminim, nor gentle. She is such a strong woman, always has her chin up and never got down by the problem. She is such a supermom!

Here is my little story.. 
In the final of Pemilihan Putra Putri Budaya ITB 2012, there were 4 remaining finalists. In the last round, each finalist had to take a piece of tiny paper on the bowl which is written the name of a judge. Then the judge whose name was written will deliver a question for the finalist. I already prepared myself for the question about culture, art, national issue, etc. I was the third contestant who was randomly taking the paper. Questions for the previous 2 finalists are exactly like what I was predicting (about how to preserve our culture; young generation, etc). Then my turn came and my heart beat faster while waiting the question from the judge (Mojang Bandung 2011). And her question was exactly like this: "Menurut kamu, apa arti seorang Ibu?" And I was like "............ (shocked like about 5 seconds by the unpredictable question)"  Then I answered, "...blah..blah..blah.. (You don't wanna know my answer. Me ashame)" In a nutshell, the result was announced. I didn't feel nervous because I didn't expect anything. It's like nothing to lose. But thanks God, I won the first place :)

Until now, I still wonder from soo many questions on earth that she could ask, why did she chose that question... May be that's God's plan. But still, I feel like the victory was absolutely not because of me. God, my friends, and of course my Mom make it happened. Thank you Mom for teaching me to be who I am now. I love you, Mama :* :)


Kisses & Hugs,


Delicia


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire